Jake C. Weaver, Attorney at Law
Jake Weaver’s practice encompasses all aspects of general and complex civil litigation. Jake began his career at Sacramento’s largest law firm, Downey Brand LLP, gaining experience in all types of litigation and building a reputation based on work ethic and integrity. Jake’s experience allows him to utilize an informed and practical approach to the practice of law to successfully develop both legal and non-legal solutions in a cost-effective manner for his clients.
In the construction field, Jake represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and sureties in both public and private projects. He has extensive experience with construction payment remedies, including mechanic’s liens, stop payment notice claims, payment bond claims, and prompt payment penalties. Additionally, Jake has litigated numerous contractor disruption claims, including claims for extra work, acceleration, and delay.
Jake also regularly represents contractors in public project bid disputes due to his in-depth knowledge of the California public bidding laws. Jake’s experience ranges from small local projects to representing a general contractor in a bid dispute on a public project in excess of $400 million.
On the real estate side, Jake is experienced in landlord-tenant disputes, partition actions, easements, boundary-line disputes, and lease review.
Jake also has experience litigating claims for breach of contract, business interference, shareholder disputes, fraudulent transfers, unfair business practices, and insurance bad faith.
- Construction Litigation
- Real Property Litigation
- General Business Litigation
- Complex Business Litigation
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- California, 2014
- J.D., with great distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Order of the Coif, 2014
- B.S., Business Administration, California State University, Sacramento, 2010
- Board Member, RECON, Capital Region Chapter
- Board Member and Media Chair, Barristers’ Club of Sacramento
- Member, Placer County Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Former Membership Chair, Federal Bar Association, Sacramento Chapter
- Mock Trial Coach, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2014-2017
- Former Member, Anthony M. Kennedy American Inn of Court
- Super Lawyers, Northern California Rising Star, Construction Litigation, 2018
- Sacramento Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2017-2018
- Sacramento Magazine, Top Lawyer, Construction, Construction Litigation, General Litigation 2016-2018
- Sacramento Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2017
- Order of the Coif, 2014
- Order of the Barristers, 2014
- Judicial Extern, Chief Judge Morrison C. England, Jr., United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2013
- Best Advocate and Finalist, Tenth Annual Buffalo-Niagara Invitational Trial Tournament, 2013
- Best Cross Examination, McGeorge, Southern Illinois, and Golden Gate Challenge, 2013
- Top Advocate, Ben Frantz Trial Competition, 2012